Corporate Volunteer Council of the Sacramento Region
Join Sacramento’s Corporate Volunteer Council and learn valuable resources to improve and enhance your employee volunteer and charitable contribution programs for your company. Network with local businesses and learn some of the region’s best practices for building and fostering a strong employee volunteer program. Learn about some of Sacramento’s most known and unknown nonprofit organizations and how your company can get involved.
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to for-profit corporations and businesses, government agencies, and corporate foundations that have existing workplace volunteer programs or an interest in starting workplace volunteer programs. Membership to the CVC may be extended to non-profit organizations that provide one or more of the following resources to CVC corporate/business members: information on improving workforce volunteerism, knowledge on volunteerism trends, and information on collaboration building.
When are the Meetings?
Meetings of the CVC Sacramento Region are held the third Thursday of each month from noon to 1:30pm. CVC members host meetings at their businesses or at nonprofit agencies throughout the Sacramento Region and provide a “working lunch” to attendees.
What’s on the agenda?
Meetings serve as a networking tool, providing a way for companies to exchange information and obtain assistance regarding employee volunteer programs. They also provide a forum where member companies can learn about community needs for employee volunteers. At each meeting a nonprofit agency partner is asked to speak to the group regarding a pressing community need or highlighting a program that is in need of volunteers. Speakers are also invited to provide training or professional development opportunities in areas that can enhance employee volunteer programs.
- Learning opportunities on topics in corporate volunteerism
- Greater community awareness and recognition of your company’s commitment to volunteerism
- The opportunity to network and share ideas and successful programs with other corporate volunteer program leaders
- Access to resources to enhance new and well-established volunteer programs
- Heightened awareness of current community needs
- A membership roster and profiles of your CVC Sacramento Region peers
- Opportunity to be a part of an organization that is a catalyst for the Serve America Act and a national affiliate of the Hands On Network and Points of Light Foundation
- Opportunity to highlight a volunteer from your organization in the Hands On Sacramento newsletter
- Consultation and assessment of your volunteer program by Hands On Sacramento staff
Annual membership is $250 per company.
For information how to join CVC, contact Valeri Mihanovich, email@example.com